How to Carol
The following recommendations will help you to have a successful and safe caroling experience.
Do THIS When Caroling
- Form a group of 5-25 people
- Start your effort with a prayer for the people to whom you'll be singing
- Start singing around 7 PM - End the caroling by 9 PM (you can carol any time during the day on weekends as well)
- Stay together as you walk on the sidewalks through a neighborhood
- Stand 10-20 feet away from the front door of the residence. It’s OK to stand in the grass next to the sidewalk. Don't crowd onto the front porch.
- Identify one person to ring the doorbell after the caroling group is in place.
- When the door is opened, sing one to two songs. When finished, say "Merry Christmas". As you are leaving, sing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas."
- Offer a copy of the Christmas Blue Pages to the homeowner, nursing home residents, or business patrons
- Bring Flashlights!
- Review these guidelines with your caroling group
Do NOT Do This When Caroling
- Do not crowd onto the front porch.
- Do not enter the home.
- Do not accept any donations.